I'm going to be completely honest here. I don't see anything here that completely blows me away and makes me want to go out of my way to see this film. I still feel that Wonder Woman's inclusion in Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice was half-assed and a last second marketing ploy with little thought behind it. With this trailer, it just screams to me the same vibe of the first two Captain America films with a sprinkle of Thor thrown in for good measure. You have the warrior (this time a female) who comes from a mythical place and thrown into a war as a timeless relic from times long past in a modern(ish) era.

I'm sure there will be some fun to be had here from a woman's point of view, but I'm still not a fan of Gal Gadot being cast to play this character. If they are going to CGI the fuck out of this and make it look as fake as her scenes in BvS looked then I'm not really looking forward to this. To be fair, I wish Warner Brothers and DC Comics the best with their DC Extended Universe, but after BvS and Suicide Squad, I'm not getting my hopes up.

If they manage to fuck this up too, then WB/DC are going to have a tough sell with Justice League right around the corner later this year. On top of that, I would hate to be them with all of the angry women that they will potentially piss off with all of these

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post