After the AMAZING finale of season two, I'm anxious to see where Star Wars Rebels goes next. First things first, there's a LOT to digest from this trailer. Holy shit, they teased a lot here. I'm digging the time skip as that's needed and appreciated if they want to continue Ezra's path of a Jedi and make it a little more believable following the events at the end of Season Two. I think the biggest shocker in this trailer was the debut of Grand Admiral Thrawn. I'm no Star Wars buff, but I thought the word that was going around was that they were saving his debut for the live action films after George Lucas put it out there that the graphic novels weren't canon going forward?

Even though that this show was supposed to be a kid-friendly show, I love that this series is taken a much more darker tone as was hinted along the end of Season Two. It seems like Ezra is walking down a darker path than even the one Anakin Skywalker went down to the Dark Side and there's no coming back. I really wanted to write a review on all of the great things going on in Season Two of Rebels, but it totally escaped my mind over the last few months. I was honestly ready to write the show off as a poor follow-up to the lackluster conclusion to Clone Wars, but the finale of Season One and just about everything moving forward has been great. I dare to say that Rebels have surpassed Clone Wars in sheer brilliance and with much better storytelling.

I definitely can't wait for Star Wars Rebels Season Three.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post