"DECAY!!! I KNEW you'd come..."

On Impact Wrestling's September 8, 2016 episode on Pop TV, they aired the highly-anticipated follow-up to the "Final Deletion" between Matt and Jeff Hardy between the Hardy family and the Decay.

This one took a massive shit on what WWE attempted to do with the New Day "invading" the Wyatt Family's compound and took the craziness from the Final Deletion to new heights - if that was even possible after what they pulled off in the Final Deletion.

From a cinematic perspective, I absolutely love this blending of styles with how they shot this one. I'm almost at the point of wanting to see a full-blown film starring Broken Matt Hardy after how outrageous and bizarre these segments have been.

There were moments in this segment where I thought it would have been better if they aired it closer to Halloween, but given the success of shows like Stranger Things on Netflix, I can see why they went ahead and put it out there now. That moment where Rosemary was walking down the road alone was straight out of a horror movie, but I'm still laughing to myself about the Decay leaving that guy who hit on her laying in the middle of the road with his pants down. What did the Decay do to him, let Rosemary give him a "happy ending"? Even worse if Abyss and Crazzy Steve did it... (Shudders)

I marked so hard for Joseph Park's cameo in this segment, along with Vanguard-1 (V-1, get it?) shooting fireworks at the fleeing Abyss and Steve until it created a Daredevil/The Crow-style pattern burned onto the Hardy's lawn. That joke about the "spot monkeys" in Matt's personal zoo, along with the "Bucks of Youth" should be trending for years to come. Excellent shout out to the Young Bucks and the boys in the X-Division.

I was little bummed out that we didn't get to actually see Reby and Rosemary get physical, but I guess TNA are going to save that for Bound for Glory next month when the Tag Titles are finally on the line. They still have about 2-3 more weeks to build up for the PPV, so there's that. For those who don't know, Matt Hardy's wife is a trained wrestler. I don't know what's her condition after having a baby but I guess she would need some time getting the ring rust off before a big match at BFG in the event that she does decide to get physical.

I'm anxious to see where they go with Jeff Hardy's "sacrifice" at the hands of Abyss and "Janice" to save his brother Matt and what the Decay will do with the kidnapped Senor Benjamin. As long as they don't leave him in the road with his pants down like that other guy, I'm sure it will be entertaining nonetheless.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post