You don't know how much I rolled my eyes in disgust at this trailer during Monday Night Raw when they revealed after all of this hype for the past weekend was just a fucking pre-order bonus for the next WWE themed game from 2K Sports.

I've ranted enough over the years about how I don't get caught up in the annual hype train for these games only to be ultimately let down time and time again and I'm not going to go into that here. Instead, I'm going to mention how people are jumping to the conclusions that Goldberg is going to do another appearance or wrestle again just because he just happens to be staring at the Suplex City sign in this trailer. Maybe they want to tease that since it already happened at WrestleMania XX - even though that match was the drizzling shits... Goldberg possibly just signed a Legends deal just for the game - which 9 times out of 10 tends to be separate from doing WWE appearances. Remember they had Randy Savage in WWE All-Stars but it didn't amount to him making a WWE comeback at that time. Ultimate Warrrior was in video games for YEARS before he was invited back to make an appearance before his untimely demise. That being said, I wouldn't be jumping the shark yet.

I wouldn't mind a modern Mattel-made Goldberg WWE Elite figure though...

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post